Danny John's page at Smashwords

Monday, June 27, 2011

Billy Hyde Music, what a fucking disgrace

To the management at Allans & Billy Hyde, The following letter is to describe the quite frankly, disgraceful treatment I received at the Billy Hyde Camperdown store on Friday 17th June at the hands of your Guitar Manger, and Store Manager, Paul Murphy and Darren Kidston. I have been a customer at Billy Hyde Camperdown for five years, and as a recording artist, music business owner and music teacher, I have spent Thousands of dollars, and have recommended hundreds of people, who have spent tens of thousands of dollars at Billy Hyde Camperdown. After walking in at around 10:30am, (store was practically empty), Paul Murphy, (who two weeks earlier, I had taken a student to, who without second thought, purchased two Guitars to the tune of $2,000), proceeded to walk around, past, look through me and generally act like I was not there. Not even an acknowledgement of my presence in the store. This continued for 10 minutes, and then Paul disappeared, but not before telling a staff member, after looking me in the eye, (yet not acknowledging my presence), “I can just tell this is going to be the worst day of my life”. After seeing Paul disappear without a trace, the relatively new staff member approached me and asked if I needed assistance, which I indeed did. I told the young lady I had a very specific enquiry, and needed to speak to a manger. The young lady pointed out Darren Kidston, who I had had several passing conversations with over the years, but never really dealt with, (I always dealt with Jeff Jardine and Jamie Loyla over the years), she then approached Darren and said; Darren, the Gentleman would like to speak to you about possible Event Sponsorship”. Darren, without acknowledging my presence, all but yelled at the young lady, “no, no I don’t, I’m in meetings all day, in fact I’m about to go into one right now”. Darren then finally acknowledged my presence by sticking his hand out s if to say, stay out of my way, or, I don’t have time to even think of the prospect that you, a long time customer, are here, or are important enough to greet and politely brush off. Darren then turned his back, without offering to take my detail or offer another time to discuss what I was hoping to discuss, and stormed off. The young lady, although visibly embarrassed, offered to take my details and approach Darren, when His Highness was less busy. I must ask, has there been a change in hiring policy at Billy Hyde, this is certainly not the treatment I have received in the past. Furthermore, I have worked in Hospitality, Sales and Organizational Development, and I can certainly say without any semblance of doubt, those two Gentlemen lack all skills and characteristics required by the customer service industry. Further to this, I will never again set foot in any Allans & Billy Hyde Store, and I will encourage any and everyone whom I meet in a musical capacity, (of whom there are many on a daily basis), to do the same. Disgustedly, Daniel John

No comments: